Write For Us
We’re always open to guest contributions from thought leaders in the IT and Cyber Security space that would like to share their knowledge and expertise. If you have a finished article or article idea that you’d like us to consider for publishing, have a read of the following contributor guidelines and get in touch.
- Length: At least 800 words
- Exclusivity: All articles must be entirely unique and we will check for plagiarism when you submit. You should not publish the article elsewhere either before or after submitting it to Cyber Tec’s blog.
- Images: Including helpful visuals always helps to engage our readers (especially infographics!) but please make sure any supplied images are free of copyright and include a link to the original source. Any infographics should also cite data sources.
- Links: External links to authoritative sites are accepted. You may include one link to your own domain as long as it is relevant in the context and not directly sales-related. We also encourage you to link to other posts on Cyber Tec’s blog where appropriate.
- Format: Use subheadings and bullet points to break up the text. Avoid lengthy paragraphs.
- Audience: We have all kinds of readers on the blog, but articles are generally targeted towards management level roles of small-medium sized businesses so make sure your article offers advice relevant to the SME community. Our readers will also vary a lot in technical knowledge so f you mention a technical term don’t assume it will be understood. Similarly, with any acronyms, break down what it stands for in brackets.
- Tone: Written work should not be self-promotional but instead focus on offering practical advice and sharing interesting insights to help our readers.
- Spelling and Grammar: Please proofread all articles before submission and check for grammatical and spelling errors.
Please note we reserve the right to edit any submissions but we will gladly run the final piece by you before publication so you can confirm you’re happy with it.
What kind of topics are we looking for?
- Social engineering
- Password security
- Mobile Device Security.
- Cloud Security.
- Artificial intelligence
- Malware and ransomware
- Cyber attacks/data breaches
- Internet of Things
- Remote working
- Cyber insurance
- Data protection
- Online privacy
Make sure to have a look through the blog so you don’t pitch an idea that’s already been written about previously.
How to submit
If you are interested in contributing an article or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. For article submissions please provide the following information:
- Who the author will be and what gives them credibility
- The name of the company you work with
- 1-3 article ideas you’d like us to consider
- If you have any previous writing samples, please feel free to share these, although they are not mandatory.
Please note that proposals that are not deemed a good fit may not be responded to, but we will endeavour to provide feedback wherever possible. If you haven’t heard back for a week, please assume we aren’t able to accept your article contribution at this time.
We look forward to hearing from you!